Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Having your cake and eating it too

Some cases of having your cake and eating it too when it comes to expectations about planning.

1. When was the last time you heard someone market investment linked policies as a one sized fits all planning for all needs. For Investment AND protection. When something (or someone) claims to do two things that are so different at the same time, expect to be forced into a decision. When the shit hits the fan, try telling your agent that you want to claim the cover AND at the same time continue your investments. Investments AND protection my ass. Replace AND with OR and you'll have a more realistic idea of how it works. Schrodinger's cat only exists in the theoretical realm, investment linked policies however lie squarely in the physical realm. Bummer.

2. High returns with no risk. Does this even make sense? If such a product existed I wouldn't have a career left. Or at least I wouldn't bother to work. I would be liquidating my assets and so busy borrowing money and filling in my own paperwork that I would have no time to meet clients. Much less bother to go around marketing a product (That probably only exists in my imagination) to people who couldn't care less.

3. Cash Back while saving money. I put my money in, I take my money out, I put my money in and I shake it all about. I do the hokey pokey and turn around, in the end no money saved. Some things just can't be rushed. Patience my young padawan, patience.

4. High guaranteed with high liquidity. Let's give the company absolutely no time to make use of our money and expect them to generate a decent return. So far no one has invented a way to return clients money as and when they want it and still stay invested for the long term. At least not legally, not until the day printing money gets approved by MAS.

5. Spend every single cent and retire rich. For guys : Inheritance. For Girls : Marry someone with an inheritance. For the rest : Fat hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home